Discussion in "8051 Discussion Forum" started by    sks    Oct 31, 2011.
Fri Jun 01 2012, 01:34 am
Dear Mr Ajay,
I have tested the code in my Hardware, it's movement is smooth as per my observance. I will post it's video within 2/3 days.
But i have some important questions? Please answer.

A. My Hardware is having 12nos 5*7 dotmatrix, so total column is 60. I am giving one pixel or column space between each character,so practically i can see max 10 character, if my display is in static mode. Right?
If it is in scrolling mode and the 1st character is appearing from extreme left, i have to use atleast 9*6=54bytes of empty sapces and 10*6=60bytes of data. in total 60+54=114 bytes of space is required?

B. If i am using 89C52 and 30H is starting address n 0FFH end address of display buffer, i can keep maximum 32 characters bitmap data in RAM. Right?

C. As i am using Eeprom 24C16 to store ASCII character data, this can store plenty of messages. How can i use these datas.
Shall i refresh my "updateDisplayRam" subroutine frequently?

Please answer these questions.
Thanks
With best regards
sks
Fri Jun 01 2012, 10:22 pm
Dear Mr Ajay,
Here are some videos of my scrolling message display attached.
You can play these files with VLC player.
There are some garbage after the end texts, i am trying to find out
from where its coming.
Please check and comment.
Answer my last post please.
Thanks
With best regards
sks
Sat Jun 02 2012, 12:54 am
First of all, great job and great effort I am very pleased with the output. And garbage display seems to be random so could be coz of dummy display you're generating.
 sks like this.
Sat Jun 02 2012, 01:10 am
Thanks Mr Ajay.
What about my questions?
sks
Sat Jun 02 2012, 01:14 am
I did answer your question but I cant say much unless I have the final code you've written I just mentioned in my last post about my suspicion regarding this garbage display. It could be the wrong buffer data. How are you generating the blank part after the actual string ends?
 sks like this.
Sat Jun 02 2012, 01:29 am
Question A and B are not really questions as you know much better now But answer to A and B is yes. calculation is right. for C I would say you can make use of controller with higher ram e.g. P89V51RD2 you have 512 bytes of extra ram + 6 clock cycle controller (means twice faster) + 64K rom (more code or some static stuff or welcome message) + Its in system programmable ( you can use it inplace of EEPROM too but i wont suggest you that)
 sks like this.
Fri Jun 15 2012, 12:19 am
Hello Mr Ajay,
As i was out of station for some days, i couldn't contact.
Sorry, i am not able to clear the garbage display. First i want to clear this problem. If you say i will post my code or send to your PM for guiding me to solve this problem.
Thanks
With best regards
sks
Fri Jun 15 2012, 11:55 pm
well to solve this problem, first slow down your display scroll. and print each byte on serial terminal with count etc... you need to debug this else its hard to solve it. This problem is cause of some logical error you've made and its not simple to find such errors. So to debug this make good use of UART, use a less count string (e.g. Hi) just for checking purpose. so you know what should be the expected output and what exactly is causing this issue.
 sks like this.
Sat Jun 16 2012, 02:44 pm
Thanks for the reply Mr Ajay.
You have written "print each byte on serial terminal with count etc".
I do understand how to print the byte on Terminal but What do you mean " with COUNT"?
Please clarify little.
I mean, i have to send two character via terminal for display and print those characters on Terminal.
Thanks
With best regards
sks
Mon Jun 18 2012, 02:25 am

What do you mean " with COUNT"?

sks

I meant postion of that byte in array.

you need to convert hex to ascii before you can display it on terminal You're smart enough to understand this. and each byte will need 2 characters.

Get Social

Information