Discussion in "Project Doubts" started by    Rickey    Sep 20, 2006.
Thu Jan 03 2008, 04:26 pm

Hi Everybody.. Can anyone explain the full operation of the project home automation over internet... i need crystal clear working of circuit..

nIVAS

check the first post.. if anything extra.. ask me..

i.e; for instance , what happens when a command is given from transmitter side.. how does MC receives it.. how it is decoded.. what will MC do with program burned inside it while receiving a command????

nIVAS

When command is sent from transmitter side.. it is sent to software first (HAserver.exe) and then the sent string is transferred to controller via serial or RS232 communication, This is how MC receive the command.
The commands are decoded in strfunc.c file and are converted to a number.. the returned numeric value is using switch case select the function to perform in main function. this everything is inside the controller HAserver is just an interface between controller and the user...

then how will it produce signal to activate the output switches.. what type of switch must be used at output port of MC along with Power line(220v)...

nIVAS

The signal is simple TTL singnal.. high 5V and low 0V. The o/ps are active low.. i.e. low signal activate the switch and high deactivate it.
To connect 220V power appliances.. you need to make use an interface either a relay or an optocoupler. you can make use of the famous ULN2003 to drive the relays of high voltages.

why the LCD is used.. ? then which file should i burn in MC....?? what r that c programs and what should i do with it..

Plz help me out to find answers for the above questions bcoz i m not a electrical or electronic student.. i just loved this project.. so i need to do that .. so help me..

nIVAS

LCD is used to display messages sent from user side.. its just an addon in the project.. like user want to give message to family members. he just have to logon to the server and leave a message.. New message indicator glows and inform that new message arrived..
The C program is the code of Microcontroller.. when you compile these C codes you get hex file which you need to burn on to the controller. you can make use of the hex file provided inside the archive if you do not have a compiler. There is not really any change needed to make in this project so you can directly use the hex file.
Mon Apr 14 2008, 04:56 am
I just want to say thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IT works as i expected !first i have doubt in it >>>but this forum helps me a lot!!!!! :bye
Fri Feb 06 2009, 10:13 pm
I am developing a project on Internet based home automation.
we are planning to add and extended feature of manual switching i.e controlling the devices using a net connection as well using a manual switch.Is it possible using a 89C51 micro controller.
Thanking you in anticipation.
Efforts shall be appreciated.
Kindly mail me the details at [email protected]
Tue Dec 08 2009, 09:22 am
the circuit is devided into four sections,does that mean i will be having 4 units at the end or is suppose to compile into 1 unit?
Wed Dec 09 2009, 01:15 am
It was just to make explanation bit simple, I explained the complete circuit by dividing it into 4 sections, so that every section can be explained properly. circuit is complete as it looks in the pdf provided along with.
 lechien like this.
Sun May 02 2010, 11:29 pm
i downloaded the code given..I am just confused in which files are to be burned in microcontroler chip...only HA.hex or some other also???
Mon May 03 2010, 11:43 am
Hi Porwal yes u only need to burn HA.hex
Sun Oct 17 2010, 10:43 am
Hi ajay, why is that i cannot see the attached file of yours? It seems that i am restricted to this topic. Why?
Sun Oct 17 2010, 01:41 pm
hi romel_emperado
where ru getting problems in seeing files
here every one can download if he is member on this forum
ur also a member dear then where u get problem
Mon Oct 18 2010, 04:10 am
Hi majoka, where can i download the home automation mentioned by ajay? I think its not here in this thread, i see the first page but there is no files attached. It is in downlad section, right?

Get Social

Information