Discussion in "8051 Discussion Forum" started by    Amit Radha    Sep 30, 2007.
Wed Oct 03 2007, 02:10 pm
Hi Ajay, Shyam
First of all thanks a ton for replying so promptly! I really dint expect to get replies so soon! was thinking it would take weeks!

Thnaks for the address Ajay il check it out asap. Could u pls tel me wat model/make is ur programmer? I was thinking il stick to 8051s only for now cos its part of the curiculum n if i feel am unable to satisfy my needs with it for the project idea of mine il be back for ur expert advice:)
Il try downloading the compilers right now.
Coming to doing something...where can i find a smal circiut lik LED control or somethin? I got al huge ones n i dont think i should start with them! N wat format are the codes of the projects given in the download section?couldn figure it out!
When do u guys come online would be really nice to have a direct chat with u...n once again thanks a million
Wed Oct 03 2007, 09:20 pm
well on my programmer there is nothing much written there.. it just says..
"Atmel Parallel Programmer V3.1"
you might find a better programmer there in market.. Just remember.. there is always a trade off between price and ICs supported.. so look for a better one.. if you want a suggestion the you can post the price and features etc of programmer you came across.

Regarding working in reality.. then as i said... make a test board for 8051.. just like mine.. and a bread board... thats all you need to work right now

here is a screenshot of my test board..
 Amit Radha like this.
Thu Oct 04 2007, 02:56 pm
yeah i know if i try goin in or somethin cheaper then il get somethin not compatible with higher versions!il send in the details of the kit next time i go to SP rd.
wats the test board used for??? n wat al exactly have u used in it? could i have the specifications? i really couldn find the compiler yet
Thu Oct 04 2007, 03:08 pm
hey i found this link with few downloads of compilers and simulators. if its of any use pls tel me n u can include in the downloads section.
thanks
http://bit.kuas.edu.tw/~8051/
Thu Oct 04 2007, 03:19 pm
hi amit......
the test board u just saw.....has the basic componennts that makes it work.......
an 8o51 needs vcc... gnd ... a crystal ...

those are the basic requirements to make it work.... and that is what u see on the general purpose pcb above..........

hey why dont u visit atmel site and download some application notes regarding 89c2051.........
they woul help u a lot
 Amit Radha like this.
Thu Oct 04 2007, 03:24 pm
thanks shyam
ok i got it now ... so sorry sometimes i just get to lame ... am a bit scared to get into it without actually knowing much. you know how it is in college they jst mug up from the books n tell in class but i want to work on stuff n have no idea at all on wat to do!
pls let me know incase the link i posted is of any use am downloading 2 of the files n il check them out myself
Thu Oct 04 2007, 03:28 pm
u can use them no doubts....download and use them and see if they suite ur needs ....
everybody has his favourite sets of tools
by the way students like u r really gonna leap ahead ...
it is good to see u people showing interest i ur college days itself.....
go ahead any problemmm...
we r always here...
Thu Oct 04 2007, 03:30 pm
yeah surely
cos u the only source of info i have right now i wont leave u guys untill my problems are solved n then once am a bit of a pro atleast part of wat u guys are then il try helping others too...
dunno how long is that going to take!
so wat are u doing? am in my final yr EC engineering
Thu Oct 04 2007, 03:33 pm
this is a discussion forum... plz... discuss only ur problems and related topics.....

make use of chast<chat> box on ur right plzz...

[ Edited Thu Oct 04 2007, 03:34 pm ]
Thu Oct 04 2007, 03:36 pm
oops sorry..

Get Social

Information