Discussion in "Project Doubts" started by    Tiub    Dec 17, 2009.
Thu Dec 17 2009, 02:01 pm
hey sir,
i would like to know more about how does the internet take place in HA and it's communication flow?..
assuming i am out,would i be able to control my HA at home? and how?
thanks your your time
Fri Dec 18 2009, 05:32 pm
well your PC acts as internet gateway for your hardware..

its like this

[ internet ] <---> [ HA Server on PC ] <---> [ Hardware connected via serial to PC ]

so whatever command sent to PC over internet, they are forwarded to hardware via serial port. Now when you are outside somewhere, you can simply go to any cyber cafe or if you have your laptop with internet connection, Open Telnet connecting to HAserver with IP and port of PC, thats it you are into your home now.
Wed Dec 23 2009, 12:29 pm
thanks.
that sounds cool .i am using broadband,so is there any effect to it? or is there any changes need to be done?.If i would like to change from serial port to wireless is it possible? what are the changes need to be done?
thanks a lot for your time and help,is well appreciate
Wed Dec 23 2009, 05:14 pm
When hardware changes software changes too and embedded software depends on what hardware you choose so decide the hardware first then start making changes accordingly.
Thu Jan 28 2010, 11:01 pm
hey...haha i have decided to stick as wht you have done to avoid any complication,if time allows me then i would try upgrade it ... just wan to check with u, the hex file needs a c++ software to open it right?,would u recommend any software to download? i have not download one yet
Thu Jan 28 2010, 11:28 pm
i have read some of your post on HA and you are stressing on using telnet but i am just confuse between broadband and telnet ...hemm are they related?
Thu Jan 28 2010, 11:59 pm
yes you are allowed to update or make changes in the code. just make sure you share with us when you do it.

regarding telnet i think you must go to wikipedia once and read about it.
Fri Jan 29 2010, 12:28 am
okok thanks sir i will ...would get back to you soon if there is any doubt ...
Sat Jan 30 2010, 06:50 pm

that sounds cool .i am using broadband,so is there any effect to it? or is there any changes need to be done?.If i would like to change from serial port to wireless is it possible? what are the changes need to be done?
thanks a lot for your time and help,is well appreciate

Tiub

@ Tiub there is no effect of ur broad band internet on ur project basically it is compulsory for dis

no changes are required.

ya u can change it to wireless but first tell wat u wanna make wireless ? i mean PC to hardware or hardware to Home appliances?

u can use Zigbee to make it wireless but as Ajay said u have to change code for any hardware addition

One thing dat is very hard to imagine Zigbee costs 100 to 300 US Dollars!
Wed Mar 17 2010, 12:02 am
sir i have build the hardware as shown in circuit diagram which given by you.what should i do next??....by plugging in the power supply and without connecting to the pc,will i get any output from LCD

Get Social

Information