Discussion in "New Ideas regarding projects" started by    coolmirza143    Mar 15, 2010.
Mon Apr 19 2010, 08:11 pm
Hello Phil welcome again
your idea is perfect but i am just thinking about the complexity of code!!! is there any solution of it???
to make Greenwich tracker i have to insert all the timings to MC and then i have to follow these timings to follow the position of sun!! am i rite or u r suggesting any other thing???
Mon Apr 19 2010, 09:06 pm

to make Greenwich tracker i have to insert all the timings to MC and then i have to follow these timings to follow the position of sun!! am i rite or u r suggesting any other thing???

coolmirza143

It may not be that complex.
We know the Sun moves at a set rate, so we only need to know how fast to turn the motor to
follow it.
We don't actually need to know exactly where the Sun is, just how many steps per minute.
Tue Apr 20 2010, 05:48 pm
phil i need ur help in code writing nd hardware is no problem!! will u contribute??? coz am not perfect in code writing
Tue Apr 20 2010, 10:56 pm

phil i need ur help in code writing nd hardware is no problem!! will u contribute??? coz am not perfect in code writing

coolmirza143

Contribute as in writing code for you no, but giving advice , yes.
I and many others will be happy to help.
As I see it you simply need either a stepper motor OR..
any other motor with a revolution counter mounted somewhere on the gear train.
This will let you move the panel at a more or less constant speed to aim at the Sun.

Do you have a motor/ gear system in mind ?.

A real time clock would be handy, but you could use the micro as a clock /calendar.
Break the code into simple blocks and it will not be too hard.
 coolmirza143 like this.
Wed Apr 21 2010, 11:28 am
ya i have a gear system in view....nd also searching
nd i have seen a stepper motor in market in old machinery yard!!! operating voltage of this motor are 220v....i am thinking to use the car Door gear sytem for horizontal movement!!and for vertical movement there will b an other gear system consisting two rods mounted on top and bottom of Solar Panel... so two motors required for this!! Do u have any other idea???

main problem is wid the code!!! i am basically telecomm engineer i didn't ever study the embedded c but i know c++ a bit....so the code is real problem for me!!! but i can make the hardware no problem in this section!!!

some days bac i was thinking to make it without using MC!! i was thinking to use electric trimmers to operate motor after some time intervals and to use LDR for vertical movement!! but it wasn't confuse about accuracy!! then i proceed to this one using MC, Servo and LDRs but now code is problem!
Wed Apr 21 2010, 08:33 pm

main problem is wid the code!!! i am basically telecomm engineer i didn't ever study the embedded c but i know c++ a bit....so the code is real problem for me!!! but i can make the hardware no problem in this section!!!

coolmirza143

Being a telecoms engineer seems like a good background to do this project.
If you know some C++ that is a good start, learning the extra bits in embedded c
will be easy.
Start with the classic "making a LED blink" and reading a single input pin.
Look at switching things such as relays.

Then try timers, how to count up and down, which leads on to counting
Seconds,Minutes etc, in other words a clock and calender.

After that comes motor control, but of course it depends on what type of motor.
Just try one thing at a time and it will come to you.

i have seen a stepper motor in market in old machinery yard!!! operating voltage of this motor are 220v....

coolmirza143

I'm not happy about that, I have seen those mains synchronous motors, but never used one
and am not really sure how they work.
You don't need much power so a low voltage item may be better.

You can use any motor as long as you have some way of detecting how far is has moved,
some sort of rev counter.

i am thinking to use the car Door gear sytem for horizontal movement!!and for vertical movement there will b an other gear system consisting two rods mounted on top and bottom of Solar Panel... so two motors required for this!! Do u have any other idea???

coolmirza143

I'll leave that up to you , it depends what is available.
Thu Apr 22 2010, 10:52 am
Thanx Phil

Start with the classic "making a LED blink" and reading a single input pin.
Look at switching things such as relays.

i think dis project will take a lot of time of you!!! coz am going to start learning embedded c
i am making a new thread for this!! nd need ur help to make it happen

Thu May 06 2010, 01:07 am
try time based tracking
Thu May 06 2010, 12:16 pm
@ TPS how??? using simple timmers to run motor after specific delays!!
Thu May 06 2010, 04:58 pm
hiii mirza... i have attached one pdf for solar automatic tracking. check it. By the way i am doing project in MPPT tracking of Solar Panel...

Get Social

Information