Discussion in "New Ideas regarding projects" started by    SANATH MCX    Oct 1, 2008.
Tue Oct 07 2008, 01:15 pm

Experiment Uk Wrote ....

I think it just means metallic conductors.. ie copper.
You need at least two conductors to look for unusual
interactions between them.

ya u r right .... the unusual interaction between them is nothing but the Chage in IMPEDANCE..So how to know about impedance of perticular Cable. please suggest me.

Regards
Sanath
Pune

Email: [email protected]

Tue Oct 07 2008, 01:22 pm

Experiment Uk Wrote ....

I think it just means metallic conductors.. ie copper.
You need at least two conductors to look for unusual
interactions between them.

ya u r right .... the unusual interaction between them is nothing but the Chage in IMPEDANCE..So how to know about impedance of perticular Cable. please suggest me.

SANATH EMBEDDED

LOL.. my expertise comes from reading the pdf you recommended.

But it did say that if you don't know the impedance of a cable
you can measure a sample length.

[ Edited Tue Oct 07 2008, 01:24 pm ]
Tue Oct 07 2008, 01:34 pm
may be by measuring sample length...

I think The CHANGE IN IMPEDANCE is the key detection for the Fault detection.
Tue Oct 07 2008, 06:35 pm
well the o/p side of transformer, you can do some work.

On running cable you cannot insert or have a conductor there, right?

The lines going out from transformer you can easily have two conductors placed there with proper insulation.. not sure if this is correct method but can say one of the method.

not to forget its all dangerous
Fri Oct 10 2008, 10:54 am
hi SANATH,
sorry if i sound foolish..
but what is the najor hurdle? detection of power theft/fault or the transmission of data?

please go through this link if u already didnt..

http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/tdr.html
copy paste the address in the browser if it doesnt work...

[ Edited Fri Oct 10 2008, 11:34 am ]
Fri Oct 10 2008, 06:36 pm
Hi Shyam and Ajay
thanx so much for the reply

The major hurdle is to detect the power theft i.e nothng but the detection of tap over the transformer lines.even I have gt that refernce circuit from epanorama.
But I don't think so it will work out for this .Shall I proceed with that.
Please help me out guyzzz

Regards
Sanath Kumar
Pune

Sat Oct 11 2008, 11:05 am
Hi guyzzz

Let me tell u wat exactly I am planning to design whose details I attached in Rapidshare. Please find it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/152866550/T631.pdf

Using this T631 any power-line compatible TDR will be able to identify where there is a tap. For example, this T631 will be able to find taps on live power lines with up to 415V (ie 3-phase mains).

If u beleive it or not this T631 High Specification Coaxial cable fault locator costs around GBP 3,108.( 1 British pound = 1.6887 U.S. dollars).

3108 British Pounds = 5248.4796 U.S. Dollars= ( 5248.4796 x 48) = 251927 INR (Indian Rupee)

I really wonder what makes it that much costlier.

nw let me know whether this can be designed or nt by making it cost effective by our Embedded system .

Regards
Sanath Kumar
Mangalore/Bangalore/Pune

Sat Oct 11 2008, 07:04 pm

Hi sanath,

you had raised this topic of TDR some time back in our forum, this time the topic has resurfaced again.

none of us (i guess ) have any experience with the TDR concept nor had any need for it, since you have digged deep into the concept, you can keep the forum updated about project's progress.

Arun
Sun Oct 12 2008, 12:07 am
Thanx Arun for the reply

ya even I too agree, none of us know about TDR and working with TDR is very complex since lot of parameters, analog circuitary and analyzing the waveforms are involved.But for me it is must and I feel it is one of the challenging task .
Hope u guyz are with me.... :-) :-) :-)
and sure I will keep informing the forum regarding the project's progress and it's my pleasure. :-|

Regards
Sanath Kumar
Mangalore/Bangalore/Pune

Mon Oct 20 2008, 04:22 pm
Hi guys,

This project is still alive guys....don't make it dead:-) & will be completed at any cost

ok let me tell you one more alternative for this. other way for the power theft detection where the embedded based system will be kept in a distribution transformer which calculates the amount of power delivered to the consumer and also reads the actuall amount of power consumed by the user by making use of wireless network like RF from the meter end. So whenever there is a difference in the amount of power which will be considered as power theft over the line and easily we can have GSM interface for the communication to the power distribution system .

wat do u think about this idea, is it possible

Get Social

Information