Discussion in "Project Help" started by    firoz3321    Jan 7, 2010.
Sun Feb 27 2011, 12:19 pm
hello firoz. I have just begun my project on greebee. I have understood most of d things and have gone through d discussions dat you have had in d forum. It would be of great help to me if you would clear my doubts about how to connect d relays to the devices dat are turned on or off. Thank you so much in advance.
Sun Feb 27 2011, 12:35 pm
septemberglow First of all welcome to 8051projects.net.

And abt the GreenBee project i would love to help you. It would be my pleasure helping.

Abt the Relays, if you might have downloaded the GreenBeeV2 from the Download section, you can have a simple circuit for relay connection using the transistors.

Instead, You can simply go for ULN2003 IC circuit which is very simple in construction.

Here is the circuit for Relay connection using the Transistor method:

Here is the circuit for Relay connection using the ULN2003 IC method:

You can get More info here

Good Luck
 septemberglow like this.
Sun Feb 27 2011, 01:07 pm
Thank you so much Feroze for the welcome as well as the information. Please do let me know if it is fine that I post here.

I am tryin to see if its feasible to make dis project movable by mounting it on LFR so dat d controller can take a round of d field in certain intervals and a more even monitoring is possible for a huge greenhouse.

I did download d data from d site. I know dis is a very silly doubt, but please do clarify in d first picture if a device like d sprayer is to be placed between wot terminals?

Also I m unable to download proteus software. Could you please send me a link to
it?

Thanks a lot again!
Sun Feb 27 2011, 01:43 pm

please do clarify in d first picture if a device like d sprayer is to be placed between wot terminals?

Connect the SPRAYER/MOTOR/PUMP/BULB/any AC device in the place of the AC BULB

I am tryin to see if its feasible to make dis project movable by mounting it on LFR so dat d controller can take a round of d field in certain intervals and a more even monitoring is possible for a huge greenhouse.

You can use this system to show a proto type of the future product which would be of larger scale. You can use Automated ROBO with sensors like Temperature and Humidity and Light placed on it. and send the information to the controller via RF.

But frankly speaking i dont see any possible reason for something like this to be made.

You can place multiple sensors at multiple locations and accordingly control the devices if you need, instead of using an automated device.

Also I m unable to download proteus software. Could you please send me a link to
it?

Proteus is NOT FREE. So i dont know if i'm allowed to share pirated software links.
Just google it and will surely find many . . .

Please do let me know if it is fine that I post here.

You can continue here as long as you dont have any probs.

Good Luck

[ Edited Sun Feb 27 2011, 02:06 pm ]
 septemberglow like this.
Sun Feb 27 2011, 03:20 pm
Thanks a lot for d help wid d relays, I understood d working online, dat really was a silly doubt...

Our mentor wanted d system to b fully automated and efficient for a very large greenhouse because parameter changes in distant locations would not be reflected in the stationary controller. So we were looking at d possibilities and working dem out as of now.. Instead of multiple sensors, we were thinking of having a single controller move about and sense d different parameters at a location, instruct d corresponding devices at dat location to turn on or off usin some module iand den move to a different location...This is like you said in d previous suggestion.
I am still unable to find proteus but i will keep trying...
Thanks again for your help!
I will boder you if I m stuck again!
Tue Mar 01 2011, 05:01 pm
@septemberglow you are adding more wings to GreenBee Its a wonderful project. Please do share your work with us when you finish it. It really help others like its helping you here
Tue Mar 01 2011, 08:06 pm
@AJAY , hmmm well do you think septemberglow's idea is practically needed ? I mean We surely can implement it in a proto type. but practically it wont be necessary (Well thats my opinion Though).

What ideas do you have regarding improvising this project ?
Wed Mar 02 2011, 03:52 am

Instead of multiple sensors, we were thinking of having a single controller move about and sense d different parameters at a location, instruct d corresponding devices at dat location to turn on or off usin some module iand den move to a different location...

septemberglow

Wouldn't it be better to make several (perhaps simpler)
GreenBee units, each covering a part of the greenhouse.

I am still unable to find proteus but i will keep trying...

septemberglow

I sent you a PM.. log in to read it.
Thu Mar 03 2011, 12:21 pm

@AJAY , hmmm well do you think septemberglow's idea is practically needed ? I mean We surely can implement it in a proto type. but practically it wont be necessary (Well thats my opinion Though).

What ideas do you have regarding improvising this project ?

firoz2321

Well practically maybe not, but its a good concept which can be put into reality in a different way...
My idea would be to use wireless to get information of different areas of a green house and single concentrator decide what actions to take on those areas. That is practically required i believe. coz green house are usually big in size. they can be easily divided into areas.
Thu Mar 03 2011, 01:25 pm
My idea is similar to Ajay....this should be wireless different portions should be connected

to server using wireless....Xbee is best thing to implement it but it is costly this can be

made using RF too but need to work a lot coz we need precision in interface of each

sensor...

Get Social

Information