Discussion in "Project Help" started by    firoz3321    Jan 7, 2010.
Sun Jan 17 2010, 01:54 am
the sensor cost around 500-600 rs in India. Please look for a good distributor around you.
Sun Jan 17 2010, 01:23 pm
I can not even find in the internet.

Sun Jan 17 2010, 01:58 pm
its nice to see that greebee project is still alive and going at the top! but it would have been better if u all have used the earlier thread(to ask ur questions) of this project that was started by Chinmay Das ! anyhow i was amazed to hear that humidity sensor HIH series is available for rs 100 only in pakistan..thats funny ac in lahore its only available at one distributor shop! and its cost is 1500 Pakistani RS !
Sun Jan 17 2010, 02:20 pm
Oh WOW finally "M.Mohsin" Himself arrives

Thats great !!!

1500 Rs .... well thats the problem.

Do you think investing that much amount is necessary ?

Cant there be any other alternative ??

EDIT:

If 1500 in pakistan, then it must be only 810 INR

http://coinmill.com/INR_PKR.html#PKR=1500

I can find the Humidity sensor with FREQUENCY output, can you help me out with this ?

Please

[ Edited Sun Jan 17 2010, 02:23 pm ]
Sun Jan 17 2010, 02:47 pm
I have a doubt:

The original SIMULATION files downloaded from the downloads section, done by MOHSIN works fine.
I just did a very small modification and now its not working correctly.

Please let me know the mistake.

The modification i did is :
The inputs were all shorted and was given a common input in the original files.
I just gave different inputs to each pin and the HUMIDITY output is always ZERo "00.0"

Attachment
Sun Jan 17 2010, 02:49 pm
i have downloaded ur file ! will go through it and get back to u soon i hope ur not in a hurry:)
Sun Jan 17 2010, 02:57 pm

Oh WOW finally "M.Mohsin" Himself arrives

Thats great !!!

1500 Rs .... well thats the problem.

Do you think investing that much amount is necessary ?

Cant there be any other alternative ??

EDIT:

If 1500 in pakistan, then it must be only 810 INR

http://coinmill.com/INR_PKR.html#PKR=1500

I can find the Humidity sensor with FREQUENCY output, can you help me out with this ?

Please

firoz3321

Well each and every component is necessary in this project! and if u r doing this project then u must have noticed that only HIH is the expensive part rest of the components are cheap! so go for it even if it is little expensive! but u can also exclude it .just make the humidity sensor cct without the sensor! it will send some default value to ADC and u will get some reading at LCD (though it will be a false value )..and make the rest of the sensor's perfectly so that they give the correct output! if ur instructor asks about humidity sensor then just tell him that it was expensive and i culd not afford it! however i have made its cct !

Alternative: humidity sensor are of many types , hih is a transistor type and the most reliable humidity sensor! there is another humidity sensor! its capacitve wired sensor , i tried to design an alternative cct since it was very cheap! but i culd'nt succeed !

if u are using sensor with frequency o/p then u really need a mess of changing in ur codes ! that would b too much complicated
Sun Jan 17 2010, 03:40 pm
Am I in a hurry ?
Well ... i'm a little in a hurry actually as i am actually supposed to submit my hardware in the FEB 1st week, but i think i can manage with our college management.

u can also exclude it .just make the humidity sensor cct without the sensor! it will send some default value to ADC and u will get some reading at LCD (though it will be a false value )..and make the rest of the sensor's perfectly so that they give the correct output! if ur instructor asks about humidity sensor then just tell him that it was expensive and i culd not afford it! however i have made its cct !

This idea seems to be better. But i'll try to use the sensor to the MAX., But i just cant find where to buy.

Your Instructions in the READ ME file were really nice and systematic. Thank you.

EDIT:

Can you tell me HOW MANY days will it take for a person with LEAST knowledge about what he is doing (Its ME) to complete this project (Successfully) ?
Actually its a team of 4 members and others seem to be busy with COMPETITIVE exams. So i'm left alone for now. let me know some Approx. time ...

Thank you

[ Edited Sun Jan 17 2010, 03:43 pm ]
Sun Jan 17 2010, 03:44 pm
Welcome best of luck and do share ur final prototype with us
Sun Jan 17 2010, 03:46 pm
how much of the hardware have u completed?

Get Social

Information