Discussion in "Project Help" started by    don    Aug 7, 2010.
Sat Aug 07 2010, 02:33 am
hi every one this is my first post here although i am an old spectator for this website.
btw happy great 3 years.
I am in my final year of Electronic engineering collage and for my final year project I want to build a robot car with camera aboard.

i want to control it remotely ( rf module, Bluetooth, or wiFi stuff)
the truth is i never wired anything so i have no experience
but from my study i came out with a design i think i can neglect or discuss with u guys
I will hand this project in May 2011
so is anyone interested enough to lead me all the way step by step giving me hints and books to finish it??
my yahoo address : [email protected]
my gmail: [email protected]
plz i need to achieve this

thank u and forgive my language cozEnglish is not my primary

Sat Aug 07 2010, 03:01 am
Hi don,

Good to have you here with us

Lets talk about your project now. See every project starts with idea which you already have in your mind.
Second is feasibility which intern depends on availability of components and complexity of project.
Talking about availability, for your project:
1. Camera: you need an onboard camera which should be easy to interface with controller, uart is always a plus. search for "AVRCam" in google that can be your on board camera.

2. RF Connectivity: bluetooth is faster but costlier, look for other RF transceivers available in market, one of them can suit your needs.

3. Motors: very important part of robotic projects. motors should be selected with proper care and a good gearing system will give extra boost to your robot

4. Application: video streaming, probably not a feasible idea as such for small controllers but you can do image sending every few seconds and on receiver side you can put all images together to generate a movie.. almost like streaming with lower bandwidth.

5. Controls: when you have RF connected on board controls are easy. once you select any of RF module to be used you can construct a simple 4 key navigation board easily.

Hope these steps will help you get started with your project. Lot of information lingers over internet, use google and remember we are always here to help

good luck!

PS: if you successful in making this robot, do remember us and share it with us!
Sat Aug 07 2010, 03:11 am
i will remember sharing it...........
look mate.....you did an awesome job giving me these points and i will need them for documenting my project
so why dont u point me all the way and by that, all of the readers will be pleased....
first i need to know the type of micro controller that can handle all that
and point to where i can study how to interface it to my DC motors, camera, and RF transceiver.
if that does not bother u
Sat Aug 07 2010, 05:54 pm
A microcontroller is unnecessary for your project.

All you need is a RF transmitter connected to a encoder IC, which can transmit the commands and a RF receiver on the receiver side, wired to a decoder, that can decode any incoming RF signals and control your motors through a H-bridge based on them.

Transmitting video through a wireless network will require a lot of bandwidth and processing for encoding and decoding the signals, which cannot be handled easily by a 8 bit microcontroller. I would suggest you use a wireless AV camera for this.

For wireless communication you can use the easy to use ASK RF Transmitters and Receivers or a RF Transceiver. For encoding and decoding the signals you can use the HT12E and the HT12D ICs and for the H-Bridge you can use the L293 IC.

I do not know of any related books, hence I have tried to give you all the basic details you will need.

For more detailed information Google or post here.
Mon Aug 09 2010, 02:09 pm
thank you all for being here
my last idea was not to bother myself with building the board because it will consume time in binary programming......
i found a micro controller board that a very cool stuff has been made with it...
it is "arduino" check arduino.cc
it has an open source software and easy to program with c/c++
what is our advices guys??
Tue Aug 10 2010, 01:45 am
you can use it if you find it simple (most of people do ) start working with it to know it better.

you should always use a language which you find simple and comfortable to you and above all it should solve your purpose
Tue Aug 10 2010, 07:37 pm
ok I am good at C++
but i dont know if it has any emulator to help me avoid burning it up
coz im new at this!!!!
Wed Aug 11 2010, 12:22 am
then C language wont be a problem to you.. stick to basics.

You can use proteus from labcenter.co.uk its a great PSpice simulation software. Supports many AVR ICs.
Wed Aug 11 2010, 02:15 am
i will check it out......thank you so much
i will let you know my work and plan
Wed Aug 11 2010, 09:37 am
Hello

I did saw that someone used the economical ways but with WLAN router.
Used:
WL-500GP
USB camera(5 US$) at USB WL-500GP
Arduino at serial WL-500GP

will check again

Rajendra kumar

Get Social

Information