Discussion in "Embedded GSM Development" started by    abbas1707    Apr 29, 2007.
Fri Aug 03 2007, 04:34 pm
hey thx man for being ther...
i'll definitely try n protect the fone with the gud suggestion u gave(zener)
I m yet to connect fone to the s52 yet!
i m chking all of this on hyperterm and free-serial-monito.(thx to u)
i now hv set up hyperterm @115kbaud and the fone sends chars to hyper(runing smooth)
i also hv a code writtn to wait for chars on Rx(basically receive routine) .but the hyperterm just sits idle and micro doesnt receiv any chars.Wat this mite be?
for this i defind a recv buffer of 50 chars.is this sufficient?
Fri Aug 03 2007, 04:50 pm
well don't do this way... i mean..
in case of phone.. its always good to use lock step method..
i.e.
Send some command
receive response
send command
receive response..

like that ways.. because you are sure that when u send some command thing to your phone its sure that you will get a reply.. only if the command is correct. Have you checked the FBUS protocol information on Gnokii (http://gnokii.org/)?
its the best place where you can find complete information of command etc used for different phones supporting FBUS protocol.

so after you send some 10 to 15 'U' send the command.. and you will surely get a response... if you are correct.. i actually tried doing this manually... by sending command to Nokia 1100. and it replied with the phone's IMEI number.
there is a software "terminal" in the download section.. use that software to connect to your phone and send command manually.. because it also supports sending data in hex format.. so you can send anything you want.. try the protocol manually.. and see what your phone replies..
Fri Aug 03 2007, 05:17 pm
yes thats the idea...(hv been to gnokii )
actually the protocol demands sending 'U' 128 times.
i did this 'send' on hyperterm.then as if to emulate the fone sending back info,i wrote sumthin in hyperterm.
now in the micro i hv written code to recv chars and echo thm back(xmit)...so tht the effect is ;;whn i write sumthin in hyperterm,it is seen ther(i.e sent by the micro)
so it is like waiting for the fone to sned back data and receiving thm.
so i got wat u r saying...tht send sumthn get sumthn...etc.
but i m doing tht on my virtual"fone" hypoerterm.
But u c this is not happening.is this related to higher speeds and in wait-cycles,the recv buffer gets full?
Fri Aug 03 2007, 05:50 pm
i am really not sure that its the case..
but lock step method is usually preferred... or what you can do is.. use interrupts..
have you analyzed the protocol using any software on how phone works? see the protocol working with the help of serial monitor.. u will get to know what things are needed.. and what has to be done..
I mean once you see how things are working on serial monitor you will automatically catch up what you have to do in your program. I think you must spend time with softwares like some phone manager that support 3310. and see what commands they send.. note them down.. and try sending manually to the phone. i am sure you will help yourself that way
Fri Aug 03 2007, 06:33 pm
no ajay u not getting wat i m saying
forget the protocol for the time being.
now lets go stepwise.
1)send char 'U' for 128 times
2)send a'get version' string of chars (this is to get the h/w and s/w version of the fone)
3)now fone sends back some ack and the data we requested.

now i am NOT connecting fone.instead of fone its the PCs hyperterm.
now whn micro is reset,a string of UUUUU...(128 times) seen on hyperterm...thn the init string (0x1E 00 etc) ALL THIS ON HYPERTERM
now to simulate fone to send back data...i use hyperterm to send back any(absolutely any garbage) chars (which i can type in hyperterm)
on micro,whn these r recd,it xmits back thm (so tht can be seen on hyperterm)..this is to just test the concept..if working rite...
here yar...it is not working...is sumthin wrong wid reception?
Fri Aug 03 2007, 06:39 pm
probably yes!
can i see your program?
Fri Aug 03 2007, 06:57 pm
wher do i send it?
Fri Aug 03 2007, 07:41 pm
hey man it just started working...all my mistake....some wiring goofup at my max232... :blush
its happening now
thanks a million ajay..i'll jus chk furthr code on it
Fri Aug 03 2007, 08:29 pm
:mad you should have checked it before... :mad

lol anyways!! at the top right corner or bottom right corner of the forum.. there is "post reply" button
when you click on it.. you get form to post reply.. there you also have option to attach a file..
so attach your code when you're done!
 abicash like this.
Mon Aug 06 2007, 01:33 pm
hi again ajay
Now all my pc to contollr communication is workin fine as i said earlier.
I now connected (with a lot of daring and fear) my fone to the set up.
Pls note tht the fone is connectd directly to the micro with level shifting(5v to 3v)
Now
1)I open up terminal on PC(for chking as usual
2)i ran the code..which sends sync char'U' 128 times.Then sends the 'get h/w s/w version' command with the hex codes 1E 00 0C D1 00 07 00 01 00 03 00 01 60 00 72 D5
3)here we expect the fone to send back 1E 0C 00 7F 00 02 D1 00 CF 71 followed by actual data
...but yar this fone isnt responding..at all...the terminalv1.6 on pc only shows the chars xmitted by micro..wat do u think?

Get Social

Information