- Sun Oct 10 2010, 10:40 AM
This project is a scrolling dot matrix LED message display powered by 8051 microcontroller. The code is written in assembly to control four 8x8 dot matrix LED display segments. Message to be displayed is stored in I2C EEPROM memory which is configurable through uart. Author has provided a VB software for easy configuration of message display from your PC.
User can not only set type of meesage to be displayed on LED display, but also control scrolling speed of message. There are two gui software provided in the package one is a simple interface and second software provides advance features to user with preview of message before saving settings to board.
Project code is written in 8051 assembly language. The complete zip package includes:
1. Assembly Coding
2. Circuit Diagram
3. Font Creation program
4. Information on Dot matrix display
5. VB software code for GUI interface
6. Pictures of hardware
I really want to thank the Author Nasim Majoka (majoka) for his wonderful contribution. Also i want to thank him for providing help and guidance on forum.
Here are some demo videos of the project recorded by Majoka himself, i again want to thank him for adding Rickey's World to the video .
Incase you have any doubts or issues with the project, please make use of forum.
Sat Aug 01 2015, 05:57 AM
i want to communitcate wifi module with android phone using pic18f4550. Any Suggestion????????
Sat Aug 01 2015, 05:56 AM
Thu Jul 30 2015, 11:41 PM
@Muhammad Aarshad build what ?
Wed Jul 29 2015, 06:42 PM
Hello I want to build it, but I don't know how can I program the micro controller. Can You send me the code of the IC? Thanks in advance My e-mail: [email protected]
Sat Jul 25 2015, 10:37 PM
What does the cross means? The ones from pin 7,8,9,10 of the LCD?
Fri Jul 24 2015, 09:53 AM
Thu Jul 23 2015, 01:42 PM
Mon Jul 20 2015, 04:38 AM
@Rohit Biradar, I am glad my tutorial helped
Thu Jul 16 2015, 06:19 PM
Thanks a lot publisher of this tutorial. Everybody tells about the nibble sending methods and the command set for 4-wire lcd interface. You are the first to tell me about the most important part that is resetting the lcd. This thing got me all day. Now I can sleep in peace. Thanks once again. Million thanks.
Thu Jul 16 2015, 12:24 PM
my project is related to control the door in dam. by keil program how can i control the same.
- Simple 3 Digit Temperature Meter by: Rakesh Suthar in: PIC Projects
Sat Jul 05 2014, 06:15 AM
- Electronic Voting machine with Managed Control Unit (Project Report Included) by: Shivani, Geetika Gupta, Vibhore Aggarwal, Megha Singh in: 8051 Projects
Sat May 17 2014, 02:16 PM
- LED Scrolling message Display using 8051 by: Pratik Suthar in: 8051 Projects
Thu May 08 2014, 10:58 AM
- Smart Home using GSM, Bluetooth and Android (with project report and ppt) by: Gaurav Khadasane in: AVR Projects
Wed Apr 30 2014, 08:00 PM
- Arduino based GPS data Logger by: Santosh Mishra in: AVR Projects
Mon Mar 31 2014, 10:25 AM
- LED Scrolling message Display using 8051 by: Tanvir.
Tue Jul 28 2015, 12:06 PM
- Smart Home using GSM, Bluetooth and Android (with project report and ppt) by: erummumtaz
Thu Jul 23 2015, 10:56 PM
- Smart Home using GSM, Bluetooth and Android (with project report and ppt) by: ajay_bhargav
Mon Jul 20 2015, 04:51 AM
- Simple Digital Countdown Timer using 7-seg Display by: ajay_bhargav
Mon Jul 20 2015, 04:44 AM
- Smart Home using GSM, Bluetooth and Android (with project report and ppt) by: ayan pal
Thu Jul 16 2015, 07:55 PM
Fri Jul 31 2015, 02:58 AM
Wed Jul 29 2015, 05:14 AM
Fri Jul 24 2015, 07:59 AM
Thu Jul 23 2015, 10:47 PM
Thu Jul 16 2015, 03:56 PM
Mon Jul 13 2015, 01:21 PM
Sat Jul 11 2015, 04:10 AM
Fri Jul 03 2015, 08:33 AM
file gif proteus pspice simulator download new books playing sound with 8051 port programming in C AT89C2051 based Caller id project high-speed circuit design C51 Snakes - A Nokia inspired game built on 8051 Model-Based Signal Processing HM-R868 TM-R868 PWM example arm multiple-pole Butterworth CAN and Ethernet networking xbee with pic micro 1 sec delay keil software LCD simulation HC-05 bluetooth module humanoid robot digital clock alarm block diagram DC motor driver L293D