- Sun Oct 10 2010, 10:40 AM
This project is a scrolling dot matrix LED message display powered by 8051 microcontroller. The code is written in assembly to control four 8x8 dot matrix LED display segments. Message to be displayed is stored in I2C EEPROM memory which is configurable through uart. Author has provided a VB software for easy configuration of message display from your PC.
User can not only set type of meesage to be displayed on LED display, but also control scrolling speed of message. There are two gui software provided in the package one is a simple interface and second software provides advance features to user with preview of message before saving settings to board.
Project code is written in 8051 assembly language. The complete zip package includes:
1. Assembly Coding
2. Circuit Diagram
3. Font Creation program
4. Information on Dot matrix display
5. VB software code for GUI interface
6. Pictures of hardware
I really want to thank the Author Nasim Majoka (majoka) for his wonderful contribution. Also i want to thank him for providing help and guidance on forum.
Here are some demo videos of the project recorded by Majoka himself, i again want to thank him for adding Rickey's World to the video .
Incase you have any doubts or issues with the project, please make use of forum.
Sat Jan 31 2015, 11:17 AM
I'm using 8051 microcontroller and want to configure HC-06 with it but I'm not able to find out what problem is occuring as my blueethooth is getting connected but no communication between blwutooth and pc/andriod phone
Sat Jan 31 2015, 05:23 AM
hello sir,i ask the question related to 7 segment display plz help me.
Thu Jan 29 2015, 11:24 AM
I found discussion relevant to my problem (link:http://www.8051projects.net/t59199/gsm-cdma-discussion/flashing-new-firmware-in-sim900-modem.htm) but i could not find the project mentioned in that discusion
Thu Jan 29 2015, 11:21 AM
Hi i am using a SIM/900A GSM modem, I want to send email with an attachement using a microcontroller but when i try to use AT_Email commands it gives me error,I think modem doesnot support those commands,is there any other way to send mail using that modem??
Thu Jan 29 2015, 06:54 AM
@gaurav, please mail me message you're trying to post.
Thu Jan 29 2015, 01:17 AM
bhagyesh.bhavasar/gaurav.k I can post with Firefox. Can you try other browsers ?
Wed Jan 28 2015, 08:08 AM
the web theme is too much buggy and heavy , admin please change it to simple theme, so that user can browse quickly
Wed Jan 28 2015, 08:07 AM
some one please share software name or ebooks related to avr
Tue Jan 27 2015, 11:06 AM
i want to share my project but there is problem occurred during postng
Tue Jan 27 2015, 05:58 AM
@ExperimentalUK i have used that purple button but same as previous it takes me to blank page
- Simple 3 Digit Temperature Meter by: Rakesh Suthar in: PIC Projects
Sat Jul 05 2014, 06:15 AM
- Electronic Voting machine with Managed Control Unit (Project Report Included) by: Shivani, Geetika Gupta, Vibhore Aggarwal, Megha Singh in: 8051 Projects
Sat May 17 2014, 02:16 PM
- LED Scrolling message Display using 8051 by: Pratik Suthar in: 8051 Projects
Thu May 08 2014, 10:58 AM
- Smart Home using GSM, Bluetooth and Android (with project report and ppt) by: Gaurav Khadasane in: AVR Projects
Wed Apr 30 2014, 08:00 PM
- Arduino based GPS data Logger by: Santosh Mishra in: AVR Projects
Mon Mar 31 2014, 10:25 AM
- Smart Home using GSM, Bluetooth and Android (with project report and ppt) by: debasish
Fri Jan 23 2015, 06:48 PM
- Digital IC Tester Project (with report) by: lolokijuh12
Fri Jan 23 2015, 04:27 AM
- LED Dot Matrix Display Tutorial Package by: gargiarya
Wed Jan 21 2015, 05:12 PM
- Android Controlled Robot using 8051 Microcontroller by: ajay_bhargav
Tue Jan 20 2015, 04:40 AM
- Android Controlled Robot using 8051 Microcontroller by: harsimran
Mon Jan 19 2015, 06:41 PM
Thu Jan 29 2015, 07:09 AM
Sat Jan 17 2015, 07:27 AM
Sat Jan 10 2015, 11:00 AM
Fri Jan 09 2015, 08:55 PM
Thu Jan 08 2015, 03:10 PM
Wed Jan 07 2015, 05:43 AM
Tue Jan 06 2015, 05:56 AM
Sun Jan 04 2015, 07:42 AM
AVR Copy memory block WWAN virtual server router PLC 8051 timer c programming basics stepper motor wiring electrical and electronic principles Real-Time Concepts For Embedded Systems mechanical resonance cud birthday invitation rewrite rule Ethernet implementation voting machine Philips TV Remote codes control PC with TV remote programming embedded system keil 8051 math routine assembly ADC LT1787HV