- Sun Oct 10 2010, 10:40 AM
This project is a scrolling dot matrix LED message display powered by 8051 microcontroller. The code is written in assembly to control four 8x8 dot matrix LED display segments. Message to be displayed is stored in I2C EEPROM memory which is configurable through uart. Author has provided a VB software for easy configuration of message display from your PC.
User can not only set type of meesage to be displayed on LED display, but also control scrolling speed of message. There are two gui software provided in the package one is a simple interface and second software provides advance features to user with preview of message before saving settings to board.
Project code is written in 8051 assembly language. The complete zip package includes:
1. Assembly Coding
2. Circuit Diagram
3. Font Creation program
4. Information on Dot matrix display
5. VB software code for GUI interface
6. Pictures of hardware
I really want to thank the Author Nasim Majoka (majoka) for his wonderful contribution. Also i want to thank him for providing help and guidance on forum.
Here are some demo videos of the project recorded by Majoka himself, i again want to thank him for adding Rickey's World to the video .
Incase you have any doubts or issues with the project, please make use of forum.
Mon Oct 20 2014, 11:22 AM
@skrishna, please post in forum so we can help you better.
Tue Oct 14 2014, 01:45 PM
how do i write an ALP equivalent 7segment display interfacing embedded c program (both 8051 microcontroller)
Sat Oct 11 2014, 06:41 PM
want details of seven segment LED display common cathode ( IC CD 4026)
Fri Oct 03 2014, 12:52 PM
Rickey you inspired me a lot ... I am also planing like you ...
Wed Oct 01 2014, 09:33 PM
We're back.. we had a bug, but posting is back to normal
Sat Sep 13 2014, 04:34 PM
jaimin1212,Pimpalkhare Create a thread for your question
Sat Sep 13 2014, 06:35 AM
i want to make self balancing robot using MPU6050 using atmega8.. please help to get data of gyro and accelerometer from this sensor through atmega8.
Thu Sep 11 2014, 01:00 PM
Hello sir, I am trying to make Wearfin project https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ6PVBvQf-g so can u help me in teaching how to built the program???
Thu Sep 11 2014, 06:21 AM
plz hlp me in my project
Tue Sep 09 2014, 05:19 AM
- Simple 3 Digit Temperature Meter by: Rakesh Suthar in: PIC Projects
Sat Jul 05 2014, 06:15 AM
- Electronic Voting machine with Managed Control Unit (Project Report Included) by: Shivani, Geetika Gupta, Vibhore Aggarwal, Megha Singh in: 8051 Projects
Sat May 17 2014, 02:16 PM
- LED Scrolling message Display using 8051 by: Pratik Suthar in: 8051 Projects
Thu May 08 2014, 10:58 AM
- Smart Home using GSM, Bluetooth and Android (with project report and ppt) by: Gaurav Khadasane in: AVR Projects
Wed Apr 30 2014, 08:00 PM
- Arduino based GPS data Logger by: Santosh Mishra in: AVR Projects
Mon Mar 31 2014, 10:25 AM
- Microcontroller Based Home Security System by: ajay_bhargav
Wed Oct 15 2014, 06:19 PM
- Football/Soccer Substitution Board (Assembly) by: ajay_bhargav
Wed Oct 15 2014, 06:18 PM
- Microcontroller Based Home Security System by: senyora
Wed Oct 15 2014, 03:33 PM
- Football/Soccer Substitution Board (Assembly) by: akestin
Tue Oct 14 2014, 07:15 PM
- Smart Home using GSM, Bluetooth and Android (with project report and ppt) by: Dutta
Sun Oct 12 2014, 07:04 PM
Sun Oct 19 2014, 01:56 PM
Thu Oct 16 2014, 08:48 AM
Tue Oct 14 2014, 06:23 PM
Mon Oct 13 2014, 05:48 AM
Mon Oct 13 2014, 02:47 AM
Sun Oct 12 2014, 12:20 PM
Fri Oct 10 2014, 05:15 AM
Thu Oct 09 2014, 03:58 AM
nok COM port programming Visual Basic festival of light unsatisfactory results proteus lcd simulation phillips rc5 remote control embedded webserver electronics ebooks php programs PCB Fabrication Process arm project download interfacing 12C887 RTC ULN2003 interfacing real-time programming POSIX interfacing LED to controller FM receiver module Design of CMOS Radio-Frequency Integrated Circuits msb 8051 programming in C SEF Plugin