- Sun Oct 10 2010, 10:40 AM
This project is a scrolling dot matrix LED message display powered by 8051 microcontroller. The code is written in assembly to control four 8x8 dot matrix LED display segments. Message to be displayed is stored in I2C EEPROM memory which is configurable through uart. Author has provided a VB software for easy configuration of message display from your PC.
User can not only set type of meesage to be displayed on LED display, but also control scrolling speed of message. There are two gui software provided in the package one is a simple interface and second software provides advance features to user with preview of message before saving settings to board.
Project code is written in 8051 assembly language. The complete zip package includes:
1. Assembly Coding
2. Circuit Diagram
3. Font Creation program
4. Information on Dot matrix display
5. VB software code for GUI interface
6. Pictures of hardware
I really want to thank the Author Nasim Majoka (majoka) for his wonderful contribution. Also i want to thank him for providing help and guidance on forum.
Here are some demo videos of the project recorded by Majoka himself, i again want to thank him for adding Rickey's World to the video .
Incase you have any doubts or issues with the project, please make use of forum.
Sat Aug 27 2016, 11:32 AM
view coding zig zag motion source in html
Fri Aug 26 2016, 05:11 PM
@jaithra post in the 8051 forum. ADCs aren't usually RS232/serial
Fri Aug 26 2016, 04:58 PM
sir ,i would please like to have circuit for interfacing 8051(AT89C51) with lLCD 8 bit ,ADC, and Gsm module through RS232 .. along with a buffer ... iam askinh this bcos i found that while interfacing RXD n TXD of 8051 is needed for both ADC and GSm ..cpuld u please help me to layout the circuit please ...
Wed Aug 24 2016, 11:00 PM
pls i need a project writeup on LED scrolling message display using microcontroller
Mon Aug 01 2016, 03:25 PM
hi guys if u need c code for SD card interfacing with p89v51rd2 8051 controller system u can see the video of the project and the download the c code form blog http://embeddedinrajasthan.blogspot.in/?view=classic
Mon Aug 01 2016, 03:23 PM
hi guys if u need c code for finger print security system u can see the video of the project and the download the c code form blog http://embeddedinrajasthan.blogspot.in/?view=classic
Tue Jul 19 2016, 05:59 PM
@mhammad 64 bits is 8 bytes.
Tue Jul 19 2016, 07:56 AM
hello! i want to know how to use UART in mikroc , I want to receive 64 bits from another microcontroller and i dont know how to start my code to receive the 64 bits...any help?
Mon Jul 18 2016, 08:32 PM
@meena.. are you still having trouble ?
Sat Jul 16 2016, 10:19 AM
problem in loading email address while registering.Please help
- Simple 3 Digit Temperature Meter by: Rakesh Suthar in: PIC Projects
Sat Jul 05 2014, 06:15 AM
- Electronic Voting machine with Managed Control Unit (Project Report Included) by: Shivani, Geetika Gupta, Vibhore Aggarwal, Megha Singh in: 8051 Projects
Sat May 17 2014, 02:16 PM
- LED Scrolling message Display using 8051 by: Pratik Suthar in: 8051 Projects
Thu May 08 2014, 10:58 AM
- Smart Home using GSM, Bluetooth and Android (with project report and ppt) by: Gaurav Khadasane in: AVR Projects
Wed Apr 30 2014, 08:00 PM
- Arduino based GPS data Logger by: Santosh Mishra in: AVR Projects
Mon Mar 31 2014, 10:25 AM
- LED Scrolling message Display using 8051 by: ExperimenterUK
Tue Aug 23 2016, 01:24 AM
- LED Scrolling message Display using 8051 by: martinsnc115877
Mon Aug 22 2016, 03:22 PM
- PIC Industrial and Domestic Timer (Relay Controller) by: kavin_eees
Wed Jul 20 2016, 07:06 AM
- Digital Lock Using AT89C2051 with LCD and Keypad - Assembly by: Muhammad Ahmad
Thu May 05 2016, 11:50 AM
- Electronic Voting machine with Managed Control Unit (Project Report Included) by: A basit
Sun Apr 17 2016, 09:33 AM
Sat Aug 20 2016, 01:44 PM
Thu Aug 18 2016, 12:24 PM
Sat Aug 06 2016, 11:38 AM
Thu Jul 28 2016, 09:43 PM
Thu Jul 21 2016, 05:45 PM
Thu Jul 21 2016, 05:27 PM
Wed Jul 20 2016, 01:51 PM
Sat Jul 16 2016, 07:19 PM
CAN at89c51ed2 ULN2803 understanding IPv6 ebook I2C DS1820 digital thermometer pic microcontroller new stuff crystal loading capacitor PIC addressing mode VB code for nokia 3310 FBUS programming embedded system keil 8051 rf communication 8051 nokia lcd 3310 proteus model Designers Guide to the Cypress PSoC ebook LCD HD44780 LCD simulation Application-Specific Integrated Circuits hardware peripherals dtmf controlled robot timer example 8051