- Sun Oct 10 2010, 10:40 AM
This project is a scrolling dot matrix LED message display powered by 8051 microcontroller. The code is written in assembly to control four 8x8 dot matrix LED display segments. Message to be displayed is stored in I2C EEPROM memory which is configurable through uart. Author has provided a VB software for easy configuration of message display from your PC.
User can not only set type of meesage to be displayed on LED display, but also control scrolling speed of message. There are two gui software provided in the package one is a simple interface and second software provides advance features to user with preview of message before saving settings to board.
Project code is written in 8051 assembly language. The complete zip package includes:
1. Assembly Coding
2. Circuit Diagram
3. Font Creation program
4. Information on Dot matrix display
5. VB software code for GUI interface
6. Pictures of hardware
I really want to thank the Author Nasim Majoka (majoka) for his wonderful contribution. Also i want to thank him for providing help and guidance on forum.
Here are some demo videos of the project recorded by Majoka himself, i again want to thank him for adding Rickey's World to the video .
Incase you have any doubts or issues with the project, please make use of forum.
Mon Mar 23 2015, 04:22 AM
You can only simulate simple 8051. RD2 support is not there in proteus. However there are similar atmel varient which can be used instead.
Sun Mar 22 2015, 07:24 PM
How can i Simulate microcontroller project in Proteus that uses P89V51RD2
Thu Mar 19 2015, 02:45 PM
I have tried to register on the site, but it keeps saying I've entered two different email adresses - but I haven't!
Sun Mar 15 2015, 08:25 PM
I did not get new message indication.. strange..
Sun Mar 15 2015, 08:18 PM
slight delay, my connection failed
Sun Mar 15 2015, 08:08 PM
Atleast you chat on our website if not anywhere else
Sun Mar 15 2015, 08:08 PM
Sun Mar 15 2015, 08:05 PM
Fri Mar 13 2015, 04:20 PM
Can you help me how to change the text on led display in proteus simulation?
Sat Mar 07 2015, 07:48 AM
@Shoukat, its general purpose PCB board for soldering components
- Simple 3 Digit Temperature Meter by: Rakesh Suthar in: PIC Projects
Sat Jul 05 2014, 06:15 AM
- Electronic Voting machine with Managed Control Unit (Project Report Included) by: Shivani, Geetika Gupta, Vibhore Aggarwal, Megha Singh in: 8051 Projects
Sat May 17 2014, 02:16 PM
- LED Scrolling message Display using 8051 by: Pratik Suthar in: 8051 Projects
Thu May 08 2014, 10:58 AM
- Smart Home using GSM, Bluetooth and Android (with project report and ppt) by: Gaurav Khadasane in: AVR Projects
Wed Apr 30 2014, 08:00 PM
- Arduino based GPS data Logger by: Santosh Mishra in: AVR Projects
Mon Mar 31 2014, 10:25 AM
- Microcontroller Based Home Security System by: ajay_bhargav
Mon Mar 23 2015, 04:31 AM
- Control your PC with TV remote by: ajay_bhargav
Mon Mar 23 2015, 04:30 AM
- Digital Clock using DS1307 for 1x16 LCD by: ajay_bhargav
Mon Mar 23 2015, 04:28 AM
- Microcontroller Based Home Security System by: Arush
Sat Mar 21 2015, 08:56 PM
- Control your PC with TV remote by: Mohd Ashad khan
Sat Mar 21 2015, 03:31 PM
Fri Mar 27 2015, 03:07 PM
Thu Mar 26 2015, 07:27 AM
Wed Mar 25 2015, 02:35 PM
Wed Mar 25 2015, 06:27 AM
Tue Mar 24 2015, 12:40 PM
Tue Mar 24 2015, 09:26 AM
Tue Mar 24 2015, 08:22 AM
Mon Mar 23 2015, 10:07 AM
controller area network image files free c compiler mt9d111 connection to lpc1768 8051 stack pointer initialization forum posts Greenbee simulation shout box at command sim900 ftp limit switch ULN2803 RS-232 Fundamentals Microcontroller USARTs dll proteus debug interface with Keil signal conditioning circuit techniques pure sine wave SPI simulation seven segment display GSM mobile phone pinouts