News PIC projects
- Mon Oct 03 2011, 07:30 PM
Hey friends, I should have posted this project last month itself but there was some problem with the circuit. [link], author of this project did an exellent job. I have been watching him learning on this website. He came as a total noob but now he is well versed with 8051 and PIC microcontroller. earlier he has submitted Microcontroller Based Home Security System
This project is about A Contactless Digital Tachometer. As per defination from wikipedia
A tachometer (revolution-counter, Tach, rev-counter, RPM gauge) is an instrument measuring the rotation speed of a shaft or disk, as in a motor or other machine. The device usually displays the revolutions per minute (RPM) on a calibrated analogue dial, but digital displays are increasingly common. The word comes from Greek Ταχος, tachos, "speed", and metron, "to measure".
Following diagram explains the logic of this project.
The infra red reflective object sensor work by simply emitting the infra red beam and when it encounter the white object surface than the infra red beam will be reflected back to the phototransistor; next the phototransistor and the 2N3904 transistor which formed the Darlington pair will start to conduct and will generate enough voltage across the 470 Ohm resistor to be considered by the PIC16f690 microcontroller build in Capture Compare Pulse width modulation(CCP )module input port as the logical "1". When the infra red beam encounters the black tire surface than both of the phototransistor and 2N3904 transistor will turn off; and the voltage across 470 Ohm resistor will drop to 3.5 volt (logical "0").
Therefore by timing the generated pulse period by the infra red reflective object sensor we could easily calculate the RPM using this following formula:
Frequency = 1/T Hz; T is the generated pulse period in second.
RPM (Rotation per Minute) = Frequency x 60
Here is a sample video of working project:
You can download project related files here:
Download Contactless Digital Tachometer project
Thank you Romel for this contribution. If anyone has doubts regarding this project, please use forum.
- Simple 3 Digit Temperature Meter by: Rakesh Suthar in: PIC Projects
Sat Jul 05 2014, 06:15 AM
- Electronic Voting machine with Managed Control Unit (Project Report Included) by: Shivani, Geetika Gupta, Vibhore Aggarwal, Megha Singh in: 8051 Projects
Sat May 17 2014, 02:16 PM
- LED Scrolling message Display using 8051 by: Pratik Suthar in: 8051 Projects
Thu May 08 2014, 10:58 AM
- Smart Home using GSM, Bluetooth and Android (with project report and ppt) by: Gaurav Khadasane in: AVR Projects
Wed Apr 30 2014, 08:00 PM
- Arduino based GPS data Logger by: Santosh Mishra in: AVR Projects
Mon Mar 31 2014, 10:25 AM
- Building RFID Card Reader using PIC Microcontroller by: kirangowle
Sun Mar 26 2017, 08:07 AM
- Scrolling Dot Matrix LED Display using 8051 (updated) by: ajay_bhargav
Tue Mar 14 2017, 08:41 AM
- LED Scrolling message Display using 8051 by: diwakar_96
Sat Feb 18 2017, 11:29 AM
- Scrolling Dot Matrix LED Display using 8051 (updated) by: Ravi Ambaliya
Thu Feb 02 2017, 10:46 AM
- LED Scrolling message Display using 8051 by: ExperimenterUK
Mon Dec 19 2016, 07:19 PM