Discussion in "Project Doubts" started by    Chinmay Das    Mar 11, 2009.
Wed Apr 01 2009, 06:29 pm

hello everyone!
I just joined the forum and this is my first post to this forum. actually i was really impressed by the effort mady by Amit after going through the project report and i decided to carry out this project as my FYP.
Now this is the time for me to start the project. And i believe that if i carry it out under the guidence of you people then it might be much easier for me to go through all this stage.
Now since i m going to start my project so i would like to get your initial advices..
HOW AND FROM WHERE I SHOULD START THIS PROJECT? AND WHAT PRECAUTIONARY MEASURMENTS SHOULD I TAKE AT THE START SO THAT I DO NOT FACE MUCH PROBLEMS WHILE TROUBLESHOOTING?

i would like to add here that i have already bought the components...but i have some doubt regarding Humidity sensor...is this sensor expensive? i chked it out in the market and its price was approximately 1500 PK RS...which would b about 1000 Indian RS..is this price ok?
secondly i want to know that HEAK SINKS are necessary to be used for voltage regulators?
i also want to know that what is 10kohm bourns pot actually. i could not get it from the market...is this some type of a variable resistor?
last is there any alternate for 4083 shmitt trigger IC? i also could not find this in market.

Waiting for your replies..especially Amit,Ajay,Ricky and Chinmay:-)
Regards!

M.Mohsin

hello M.Mohsin,
How r u? sorry man 4 replying so late . bit bz wid college stuff. anyways i m glad 2 know dat a no of guies r taking inst in dis project... Dnt worry v r here to help u. i will clear ur query one by one.
now moving to d topic
1. initially my situation was like u. dont make urself confused wid d document , coz der is a lot mistak in documentation. 1st of all just follow the block digram of project which is in d doc. accoring to dat u start ur project work. 1st start 4m sensors, den move 2 ADC ckt . After dat to microcontroller ckt , Relay ckt n den to beautification.
2. Note dat temp ckt digram has wrong connection. currently i m working on it to modify it. bt i will advice u pls read out all of my post in this thread, so dat u will clear out ur most of doubt. Also keep in ur mind dat uC to Lcd connection is wrong in the doc.
3.yes Humidity sensor cost me appx. Rs 1200 INR.
4. Well in my ckt i found dat voltage regulator r nt heating up very high, bt u can use it.
5. bourns pot is a VR which has much higher sensitivity n smoothness to regulate the resistance than normal variac. itz mainly require 4 temp sensor ckt.
6. Well ther is no IC wid the no 4083, itz actully IC 4093 a NAND gate IC, ask for 4093 IC in local mkt ..

7. Pls ask ur queries here in dis thread only, so dat all will get benifit of it. moving to another thread will create problem to reply .
ok

just cool down, make ur deadline, work smartly n wid dedication , n enjoy ur work. all the best. !dance
 M.Mohsin like this.
Wed Apr 01 2009, 08:10 pm
Hello Chinmay
Thanx a lot for your detailed reply ... i m really feeling a lil bit comfortable now after reading your reply...
Chinmay i have already read all the previous posts of this thread.
i will start the project in the sequence you have posted above...
i was also confused about 4083 shimitt trigger IC ...no one in the market knew about this IC ...thanx for correcting me for this.
have you successfully completed your project?
Regards!
Wed Apr 01 2009, 09:44 pm
Chinmay can u also tell me that wht resistance should be used with SMD LED?
Thu Apr 02 2009, 12:15 am
heyyyy
this is avinash here
i need to know that in adc clock circuit can we replace 1 nf capacitor
with some other value capacitor if yes with what value register ..
plz reply soon
Thu Apr 02 2009, 12:56 am
hello M.moshin n avinash

Yes MM i hv successfully done with my project !dance after lot of research, hard work n sleepless nights.... .bt still temp sensor ckt is nt givng o/p as per my requirment.so ricky n me r trying 2 modify temp ckt. regarding LEDs it depends upon u , that which LED u r using. i m using RED , BLUE , Green , White n RBG. chk d given link to know ur value of reg.

http://ledcalc.com/

now moving 2 avinash

i need to know that in adc clock circuit can we replace 1 nf capacitor
with some other value capacitor if yes with what value register ..

avinash pls clear ur words first. i dnt get u...u r trying 2 replace 1 nf cap with register!!!!!! 1st clear ur basic concept abt electronics components. itz nt all bt soleding the ckt according 2 ckt digram n getting 2 o/p. u need 2 understand he theoritical concept behind it. u need 2 understand 2 ckts. Not only Amit(author of dis project) but me n ricky has done lot of research on it, even still v r doing... u sud chk ur ckt tro simulation , den try out practically. ok

4 ADC min clk is 500khz, using 1nf cap i m able 2 get appx 650khz.... i dnt hv any idea why u r replacing cap with reg....
so boz hv patience ...all the best. oh yes MM if u feel my post or reply r useful to u den dnt 4get to click thanks button on the right cornor...:-p
Fri Apr 03 2009, 12:48 am
Hey Chinmay!
Congratulations upon completing your project successfully man!
and ya i forgot to click Thanks for your first reply to my post....its deserved a big thanks actually ... sorry for being late in thanking :-|.

And talking about the temp circuit...i consulted to one of my adviser and he also doubted about the circuit ...he is also working upon it ... but chinmay you posted in previous post that pin 4 and 11 were to be interchanged of the IC... doing that didnt make it perfect?
Fri Apr 03 2009, 12:53 am
thanks MM

well i did change dem.... bt i ddnt get my desire o/p. as per requirement i need o/p in between 0.44V to 5.00V.......but i getting 0.44v to 3.67V... dats why i m nt satisfy wid the ckt...
Sat Apr 04 2009, 01:47 am
hey Chinmay ... do let me know about the final results when you are finished working on temperature circuit..
Can you please clear me out that in Soil moisture sensor circuit ...where actually the emitter of the transistor is connected to?is it connected to the third terminal of variable resistance?
Sat Apr 04 2009, 07:52 am
refer data sheet of 2N222N 4 transistor connection....also follow the same ckt diagram in the doc... soil moisture ckt works fine.
Sat Apr 04 2009, 08:36 pm
use 20k ohm resistor instead of 1.5k ohm in feedback of lm 324.in temperature circuit
because when it is 20 k ohm output voltage is 2.7 volts and for 10 k ohm the output is 106volts so the output is differs.
u may try it.

Get Social

Information