Discussion in "New Ideas regarding projects" started by    shirazi2589    Aug 22, 2010.
Fri Mar 25 2011, 10:17 pm

telnet www.google.com 80
the connection establishes satisfactorily

but i am having my server at some oyher subdirectory i.e

telnet www.google.com/test.php 80 (for eg)
the connection fails i.e its not able to connect the reply is could not open connection to host at port 80.

shirazi2589

Port 80 is an HTTP port.
You might get some sort of connection, but it won't be proper Telnet.

ExperimenterUK

hey ExperimenterUK i am not able to establish any sort of connection
Fri Mar 25 2011, 11:34 pm

telnet www.google.com 80
the connection establishes satisfactorily

but i am having my server at some oyher subdirectory i.e

telnet www.google.com/test.php 80 (for eg)
the connection fails i.e its not able to connect the reply is could not open connection to host at port 80.

shirazi2589

Port 80 is an HTTP port.
You might get some sort of connection, but it won't be proper Telnet.

ExperimenterUK

hey ExperimenterUK i am not able to establish any sort of connection

shirazi2589

Are you actually tying to connect with
"telnet www.google.com/test.php 80 "
and if so, why ?
Sat Mar 26 2011, 02:18 am
actually i have to esatblish TCP/IP through my GPRS modem so trying ot out with telnet would be a good option. its not www.google.com/test.php its just an eg. actually
www.mydomainname.co.in/track.php

i am able to establish telnet connection to www.mydomainname.co.in i.e
telnet www.mydomainname.co.in 4444 and the TCP server is running on port no 4444. but the connections doesnt establish with telnet www.mydomainname.co.in/track.php 4444
Sun Mar 27 2011, 08:22 pm
hey thomas,
was that server fine wid u.
not online for a few days
Wed Mar 30 2011, 01:53 am
There are two problems which I am facing right away:
1. How do I connect putty to the server (a remote server- control panel access we have). I am unable to connect to the remote host via putty. I need this to be done so that I run my JAVA Server Code on the remote so that it is made available forever and any TCP Client will be able to connect it. The alternate way to run the JAVA Server on the remote host is appreciated.

2. I have created the entire website which fetches the data from the database and successfully locates the desired location. But the problem is the database will be updated every second (as GPS will sent the GPRMC string at a constant rate of 1 sec) so I need to query the database at every second. Even this I did but the page (php page where the loop is written to continuously sense the database and fetch the latest location) waits until the processing is done and then it is viewed at the browser, for eg, if there is currently 10 entries in the database then the page will load for 10 sec (as after each second a tuple is read) and then the page will be shown at the browser. Thus all the 10 markers will be seen at a glance but I need them to be displayed one at a time and automatically update the page without loading or waiting for the entire webpage to load (may be this is possible by requesting asynchronous php page, but how??). Is there any way by which server-side scripting (php) can come asynchronously and at parallel client-side script (javascript) will display the page, so that we will visualize the real movement of the vehicle and trace the exact path

Please Sir help me in this part so I could complete my project
Thank you

[ Edited Wed Mar 30 2011, 01:54 am ]
Thu Mar 31 2011, 08:53 pm

1. How do I connect putty to the server (a remote server- control panel access we have). I am unable to connect to the remote host via putty. I need this to be done so that I run my JAVA Server Code on the remote so that it is made available forever and any TCP Client will be able to connect it. The alternate way to run the JAVA Server on the remote host is appreciated.

shirazi2589

You can only connect to server via putty if you have SSH access to that server and you will have it if you own that server (dedicated or VPS). as i told you, make one of your PC as a server, put WAMPP and Java app on it to make a server.

2. I have created the entire website which fetches the data from the database and successfully locates the desired location. But the problem is the database will be updated every second (as GPS will sent the GPRMC string at a constant rate of 1 sec) so I need to query the database at every second. Even this I did but the page (php page where the loop is written to continuously sense the database and fetch the latest location) waits until the processing is done and then it is viewed at the browser, for eg, if there is currently 10 entries in the database then the page will load for 10 sec (as after each second a tuple is read) and then the page will be shown at the browser. Thus all the 10 markers will be seen at a glance but I need them to be displayed one at a time and automatically update the page without loading or waiting for the entire webpage to load (may be this is possible by requesting asynchronous php page, but how??). Is there any way by which server-side scripting (php) can come asynchronously and at parallel client-side script (javascript) will display the page, so that we will visualize the real movement of the vehicle and trace the exact path

shirazi2589

You're wrong here.. even a professional tracking systems does not give data update at 1 sec, reasons are many, GPRS cost, modem gets over heated coz of fast data transmission, client side app gets sluggish and much more.

Best part is to send one packet every 10 or 15 seconds. I suggest you use jquery (http://jquery.com/) for ajax update of your page.

good luck!
Thu Mar 31 2011, 09:31 pm
Heya Sir,
I have done with ajax refreshing every 1 second. But thanks for suggestion updating every 10 sec, device will need some modifications too.
Now trackpoint is moving, but map not. Trackpoint can easily hide out of the range of the map. Of course i can zoom the map ant will see trackpoint again, but it is possible to move map instead of trackpoint? So i could always see it.

[ Edited Thu Mar 31 2011, 09:32 pm ]
Thu Mar 31 2011, 10:28 pm
you can set map center to marker position so everytime marker moves your map moves along with it. it also gives you animation kind of look
Sat Apr 02 2011, 02:30 am
hello ajay,
Sat Apr 02 2011, 02:32 am

when sending commend from GPRS, Simcom simply shoot TCP them on uart. there is a command which can prefix that data with a prompt but again its not that useful.

so you can yourself append a header and footer to message before sending it to GPRS from server.
e.g.

\r\n+TCPCMD:yourdata\r\n

so you can do a simple check in uart interrupt routine to capture this data. check this example for sms, change this from +CMTI to +TCPCMD, there you go

http://www.8051projects.net/forum-t41321-30.html#post_42097

i didnt get this what u r trying to say.
is it when i communicate from my sever to sim300 via GPRS. or am i wrong
help pls

Get Social

Information